Carolina Barbecue (Slow Cooker)
Courtesy of National Pork Board
Serve With:Servings: 20
Cole slaw and hush puppies
Prep Time: 10 Min.
Cook Time: 2 Hr.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 5 lbs. Boston butt roast
+ 2 tsp. vegetable oil
+ 1 1/2 c. water
+ 1 8-oz. can tomato sauce
+ 1/4 c. cider vinegar
+ 1/4 c. Worcestershire sauce
+ 1/4 c. brown sugar
+ salt and pepper to taste
+ dash hot pepper sauce (like Tabasco)
+ 1 tsp. celery seed
+ 1 tsp. chili powder
What to do:
1. Randomly pierce the surface of the roast with a sharp knife.
2. In a Dutch oven (large, oven proof, pot with cover), heat oil and brown roast on all sides.
3. In a mixing bowl, combine remaining ingredients and mix well.
4. Pour sauce over roast.
5. Bring to a boil, cover pot, then simmer on low for 2 hrs., until meat is very tender.
6. Slice or chop to serve.
* Nutritional information does not include suggested side dishes.
* Recipe and photo courtesy of National Pork Board. For more recipes visit: www.PorkBeInspired.com
Pinot Noir, Beaujolais, Côtes du Rhône
Calories: 260; Total Fat: 11g; Saturated Fat: 4g; Cholesterol: 105mg; Protein: 33g; Sodium: 160mg;