My Shopping List
Pound Cake, Angel Food Cake & Macaroon Chocolate Fondue
Courtesy of Wheat Foods Council
Prep Time: 5 Min.
Cook Time: 5 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 1 1/2 c. semisweet chocolate chips
+ 1/2 c. low fat or fat-free vanilla yogurt
+ 1/4 c. half and half
+ 1 tsp. vanilla
+ 2 Tbsp. Amaretto liqueur OR 1 Tbsp. almond flavoring
What to do:
1. Combine the chocolate chips, yogurt and half and half in a fondue pot on low (or heavy pan on the stovetop).
2. Stir frequently until blended and warm. Add vanilla and amaretto and keep warm while serving.
3. Dippers: Put one of the following on a fondue fork and dip into the chocolate mixture:
* Pound cake cut into 1-in. cubes
* Angel food cake cut into 1-in. cubes
* Coconut macaroons
** Left over chocolate keeps for a week in the refrigerator.
* Nutrition information for Fondue Sauce only.
Calories: 145; Total Fat: 7g; Saturated Fat: 4g; Cholesterol: 3mg; Total Carbs: 28g; Fiber: 0g; Protein: 2g; Sodium: 8mg;