My Shopping List
Pan-Seared Pork Chops with Maple Gravy & Apple Bacon Hash
Courtesy of National Pork Board
Prep Time: 10 Min.
Cook Time: 30 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 4 slices bacon, thick-cut
+ 3 Tbsp. butter, unsalted
+ 2 large russet potatoes, baked, peeled and cut into 1-in. cubes
+ 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
+ 2 cloves garlic, minced
+ 1 large Fuji apple, peeled, cored and diced
+ 3/4 tsp. maple seasoning
+ 1/4 tsp. cinnamon, (optional)
+ kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
+ 4 New York (top loin) pork chops, 1-in. thick
+ 1/2 tsp. kosher salt, plus more to taste
+ 1/2 tsp. black pepper, plus more to taste
+ 2 Tbsp. flour
+ 3/4 c. chicken stock
+ 3 Tbsp. heavy cream
+ 3 Tbsp. maple syrup
What to do:
1. Cook bacon in large skillet over medium heat until crisp and browned, about 10 min. Drain on paper towels. Reserve about 4 Tbsp. bacon fat.
2. Heat butter and 2 Tbsp. of bacon fat in a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add potato, onion, garlic and apple and cook until lightly browned, about 10 min. Remove
from heat and stir in the maple seasoning and cinnamon, if using. Season with salt and pepper. Keep warm.
Heat remaining bacon fat in a large skillet over medium heat. Season pork chops with salt and pepper. Add to skillet and cover. Cook, turning occasionally, until golden
brown and an instant-read thermometer inserted through the center of the chop reads
145°F, about 15 min. Transfer the chops to a plate and tent with foil to
1. Pour off all but 1 Tbsp. of the pan drippings from the skillet. Whisk flour into pan drippings and let bubble over medium heat for 1 min. 2. Whisk in broth, maple syrup
and cream and bring to a boil. Cook, whisking often, until mixture reduces and thickens, about 2 min. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Crumble the bacon into the hash. Serve chops hot with the hash and sauce.
* Recipe courtesy of Lauren Brennan of LaurensLatest.com
* Recipe and photo courtesy of National Pork Board. For more recipes visit: