My Shopping List
Champagne Steak Salad with Blue Cheese
Courtesy of The Beef Checkoff
Prep Time: 10 Min.
Cook Time: 20 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 2 top sirloin steaks, cut 1-in. thick (about 8-oz.)
+ 1 lb. green beans, trimmed
+ 2 tsp. crushed mixed peppercorns (black, white, pink and green)
+ 2 medium red and/or yellow bell peppers, cut into quarters
+ 1 pkg. (5 oz.) mixed salad greens
+ 1/2 c. thinly sliced red onion
+ 1/4 c. Bleu cheese crumbles
+ 1/4 c. champagne or white wine vinegar
+ 2 Tbsp. olive oil
+ 2 Tbsp. maple syrup
+ 1/4 tsp. salt
+ 1/4 tsp. freshly ground mixed peppercorns
What to do:
1. Bring 1-in. water to a boil in medium saucepan. Add green beans, cover and cook 4-5 min. or until crisp-tender. Drain; set aside.
2. Meanwhile, combine vinaigrette ingredients in small bowl; set aside.
3. Press 2 tsp. peppercorns evenly onto beef steaks. Place steaks in center of grid over medium, ash-covered coals; arrange peppers around steak. Grill steaks, covered, 11-14 min. (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 12-16 min.) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness. Grill peppers 7-11 min. (gas grill times remain the same) or until crisp-tender, turning steaks and vegetables occasionally.
4. Carve steaks into thin slices. Cut peppers into 1-1/2-in. pieces. Season beef and vegetables with salt, as desired. Divide salad greens among four serving bowls; top evenly with vegetables and onion. Arrange beef on salad. Sprinkle with blue cheese. Drizzle with vinaigrette.
* Recipe courtesy of The Beef Checkoff.
Calories: 307; Total Fat: 14g; Saturated Fat: 4g; Cholesterol: 56mg; Total Carbs: 15g; Fiber: 2g; Protein: 29g; Sodium: 351mg;